QPR Gatekeeper Foundational Training
QPR Gatekeeper Foundational Training is a straightforward online or face-to-face suicide screening training programme that teaches laypersons and professionals alike how to recognize that a person may be contemplating suicide.
Course Learning Outcomes
Training includes information for increased awareness and knowledge related to screening for suicidal thoughts and behaviours as well as practical skills training regarding when and how to ask the “Suicide Question”.
- Understand the background, rationale and guidelines for use of the QPR Suicide Screening Method
- Identify information on suicide risk reduction practices and critical information on unrecognized suicide risk
- Discuss the epidemiology of suicide and describe the relationship between mental illness and suicide
- State recognized risk factors for suicide
- Use the QPR Suicide Screening process, including asking the “Suicide Question,” supporting the suicidal person’s decision to get help and assisting the suicidal person in accessing additional resources
I would like to express my sincere gratitude for the skills and knowledge that you passed onto me at the QPR training. The week following attending your programme I was able to assist in saving the life of a 14yr old girl. Without this training I’m not sure that things would have unfolded as straight forwardly as they did. I felt so empowered to know that I had done everything I could. Thank you thank you thank you
Online Course Delivery
Our online Foundational Training course is ideal for individuals wanting to learn at their own pace, or organisations wanting to facilitate self-paced learning on a larger scale.
Research has shown that self-guided online learning can be just as effective as learning in a classroom environment. Our online training courses are delivered through a state-of-the-art electronic learning platform and enable individuals and organisations alike to learn the fundamentals of QPR at their own pace, in the office, at home or on the go.
- Simple to follow and easy to access and use
- Avoid the expensive cost of conventional training
- Access the course any time, anywhere, and learn at your own pace
- Individual subscriptions remain active for 1 year
- Log in to to do a refresher course and reinforce your learning at any time within the 1 year period
- Works on all internet-capable devices, including mobile phones, tablets and laptops/PCs
Purchase via Paypal
Payments for QPR Training are processed securely through paypal.
Click the “buy now button” and when you have successfully made your payment you will be re-directed back to our website.
Training Account Setup
Once your transaction has successfully been processed, we will get back to you within 24 hours and supply you with login details and additional instructions to access your training.
When you enter your details on the transaction page once you have clicked the buy now button, please ensure that you enter a valid email address that you regularly check, so we may contact you with your account details.
Face-to-face Classroom Instruction
QPR Gatekeeper Foundational training is also available as a traditional face-to-face workshop in either a half-day or a full-day format.
Face-to-face Training Includes:
- Size and scope of the problem
- Risk factors for suicide
- The warning signs of a suicide crisis
- The common causes of suicidal behaviour
- Relationship of mental illness to suicide
- When and how to Question suicidal people and why
- How to Persuade the person to accept help
- How to Refer people to resources
- How to get help for someone in crisis
Face-to-face training can be tailored to your organisation’s needs and specific needs, i.e., child and adolescents, primary care, law enforcement, NGO – social work, mental health support work, addictions, etc.